RE: [Scouter_T] Training Codes

  • Corbin Sarchet
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
      Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
      class training.

      Corb

    • Scott Smith
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
        I have recently been helping our council with the input of backlogged
        training attendance reports into ScoutNet and have found the mechanism very
        cumbersome. For a given training attendance report, I have to bring up each
        individual's record in ScoutNet and add the training information from the
        report to the training information in their record. Is there another, more
        streamlined mechanism to do this that anyone has found? Since most of the
        training attendance reports dealing with a single training session with a
        singular code, it would be nice if you could bring up some sort of menu
        that would allow you to search out and then update multiple records at one
        time for a single training events? I am certainly not a ScoutNet expert,
        looking for someone who is. Ideas, suggestions, ways to streamline this
        process would be greatly appreciated.

        Scott Smith
        Catalina Council Training Chair

        D. Scott Smith 9000 S. Rita Phone:
        IBM Systems & Technology Rd. (520)799-4980
        Group BLDG 9032 Tie Line: 321-4980
        Advisory Engineer, DA Tucson, AZ
        Disk Encryption 85744 Email:
        smithds@...

      • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
          Hi Scott,
          Nope. Not an easier way. Sorry. Been there, doing that.
          sigh
          Marian McQuaid
          Boston Minuteman Council

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
            Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

            > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
            > class training.

            Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
            the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

            I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
            took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
            I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

            God bless!

            Geoffrey
          • Ben Ward
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
              Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

              Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

              > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
              > class training.

              Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
              the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

              I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
              took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
              I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

              God bless!

              Geoffrey

            • techrescuemedic
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 5, 2010
                I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".

                I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the listings.

                C. J. Johnson, BHS, NREMT-Paramedic (Ret.)
                President/Owner
                Emergency Services Special Operations Group, LLC
                Charleston, South Carolina

                843-991-3928 (Cell)
                484-991-3922 (Fax)

                johnsoch@...

                Vires quod Veneratio

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...> wrote:

                > Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

              • Geoffrey Mayer
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
                  techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):

                  > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
                  > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
                  > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
                  >
                  > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
                  > listings.

                  Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
                  shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
                  training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
                  Cub Den Leader knot is C43.

                  Thanks and God bless!

                  Geoffrey
                • Bill
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
                    Pack Trainer Leader Specific code is C62

                    see National's list here:
                    http://scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/trainingcoursesreport2009.pdf

                    --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Mayer" <geoffrey@...> wrote:

                    > techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):
                    >
                    > > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
                    > > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
                    > > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
                    > >
                    > > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
                    > > listings.
                    >
                    > Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
                    > shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
                    > training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
                    > Cub Den Leader knot is C43.
                    >
                    > Thanks and God bless!
                    >
                    > Geoffrey

                  • Nina Wolfson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 7, 2010
                      There are several codes that are the same for both training and awards. When you update a person's record in ScoutNet with one of these 'duplicate' codes (like C62) you have to select from which Code C62 - for the award or for the training.

                      Does this help? (Like things aren't confusing enough?) There's only a few that I recall that are like that - I think CSPST - Tigers and Tiger Den Leader Award are both the same codes, too.

                      Nina Wolfson
                      Gulf Ridge Council
                      Tampa, FL