Training Codes

  • Geoffrey Mayer
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
      Hello!

      Does anyone know the training codes for the Pack Trainer knot and the new on-line test taken after
      viewing the new Youth Protection DVD?

      Thanks!

      Geoffrey Mayer
    • Corbin Sarchet
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
        Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
        class training.

        Corb

      • Scott Smith
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
          I have recently been helping our council with the input of backlogged
          training attendance reports into ScoutNet and have found the mechanism very
          cumbersome. For a given training attendance report, I have to bring up each
          individual's record in ScoutNet and add the training information from the
          report to the training information in their record. Is there another, more
          streamlined mechanism to do this that anyone has found? Since most of the
          training attendance reports dealing with a single training session with a
          singular code, it would be nice if you could bring up some sort of menu
          that would allow you to search out and then update multiple records at one
          time for a single training events? I am certainly not a ScoutNet expert,
          looking for someone who is. Ideas, suggestions, ways to streamline this
          process would be greatly appreciated.

          Scott Smith
          Catalina Council Training Chair

          D. Scott Smith 9000 S. Rita Phone:
          IBM Systems & Technology Rd. (520)799-4980
          Group BLDG 9032 Tie Line: 321-4980
          Advisory Engineer, DA Tucson, AZ
          Disk Encryption 85744 Email:
          smithds@...

        • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
            Hi Scott,
            Nope. Not an easier way. Sorry. Been there, doing that.
            sigh
            Marian McQuaid
            Boston Minuteman Council

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
              Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

              > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
              > class training.

              Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
              the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

              I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
              took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
              I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

              God bless!

              Geoffrey
            • Ben Ward
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
                Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

                Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

                > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
                > class training.

                Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
                the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

                I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
                took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
                I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

                God bless!

                Geoffrey

              • techrescuemedic
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 5, 2010
                  I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".

                  I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the listings.

                  C. J. Johnson, BHS, NREMT-Paramedic (Ret.)
                  President/Owner
                  Emergency Services Special Operations Group, LLC
                  Charleston, South Carolina

                  843-991-3928 (Cell)
                  484-991-3922 (Fax)

                  johnsoch@...

                  Vires quod Veneratio

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...> wrote:

                  > Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

                • Geoffrey Mayer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
                    techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):

                    > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
                    > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
                    > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
                    >
                    > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
                    > listings.

                    Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
                    shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
                    training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
                    Cub Den Leader knot is C43.

                    Thanks and God bless!

                    Geoffrey
                  • Bill
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
                      Pack Trainer Leader Specific code is C62

                      see National's list here:
                      http://scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/trainingcoursesreport2009.pdf

                      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Mayer" <geoffrey@...> wrote:

                      > techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):
                      >
                      > > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
                      > > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
                      > > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
                      > >
                      > > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
                      > > listings.
                      >
                      > Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
                      > shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
                      > training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
                      > Cub Den Leader knot is C43.
                      >
                      > Thanks and God bless!
                      >
                      > Geoffrey

                    • Nina Wolfson
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 7, 2010
                        There are several codes that are the same for both training and awards. When you update a person's record in ScoutNet with one of these 'duplicate' codes (like C62) you have to select from which Code C62 - for the award or for the training.

                        Does this help? (Like things aren't confusing enough?) There's only a few that I recall that are like that - I think CSPST - Tigers and Tiger Den Leader Award are both the same codes, too.

                        Nina Wolfson
                        Gulf Ridge Council
                        Tampa, FL