Re: Youth Training

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
      Yes, Jamie, all of that is planned. I will also run through what is in TLT, VLSC, how to put a class on, different options, etc. Looking for handouts to give them that tell this and also any supplimental training they can put on as well.

      Bill

      > <<It sounds like you want to give Troop Level Training(TLT). It is to be given by the SPL and the ScoutMaster. Get with your Training council or committee. They should be able to help you out. >>
      >

      > No - he wants to give SMs materials *about* leading TLT. He's looking for examples of handouts used for that purpose. I imagine they would discuss the purpose of the course, what is EDGE and how to train the youth leadership to use it, suggestions for formats, etc. This would have been a Roundtable presentation or a University of Scouting session, I imagine.
      >

      > Jamie Niss Dunn
      > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      > Troop Committee, Troop 509
      > Ham Lake, MN
      > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      > Three Rivers District
      >

      > =

    • SCOTT ELIASON
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
        If I understood correctly this is being done at Scoutmaster/Assistant Scoutmaster Specific Training? If so, teach the syllabus, then send these guys to Trainer Development Conference and Trainer's EDGE. Get them to Wood Badge.

        Scott Eliason