Re: 'brand new" campers showing up after dark

  • William
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 11, 2001
      Hey Chris,

      I think you mis-understood my post. By no means did I intend to
      insult or gripe about the first time campers I have experienced.
      Just the opposite.

      If you read the last line of my post I state that "we are all just a
      bunch of soft hearted souls." meaning that as Scouts we help someone
      who needs it even if it does mean getting out of a night warm
      sleeping bag at 1 am on a 35 degree night.

      My first camping trip with my son (he was a wolf) was just as bad. I
      had to borrow most of the equipment we had with us.

      The point of the post was that the pack this family was with did not
      prepare them! I may have not made my point very clear, I tend to
      ramble when telling stories.

      Please please please do nto think I was saying anything bad about the
      first time campers. I was one too and I welcomed all the help I
      could get!!

      YIS...

      William