Re: [Scouter_T] Link to training updates regarding TDC and Trainers EDGE

  • David Sears
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2010
      Ryan and Fellow Scouting Trainers,

      I'm responding a few days late, and you have already received some excellent responses.
      So without re-posting any links, I'd like to comment on what I recall from the introduction page on EDGE.

      I recall the statement that EDGE replaces TDC for NYLT, NAYLE and Wood Badge.

      Many fellow Scouters misquoted and abbreviated that statement to EDGE has replaced TDC.

      EDGE is an excellent method for teaching skill that can be repeated.  But TDC seems to be an introductory course on how to relate to learners and teach concepts.

      I've debated with local fellow trainers.  They have settled their opinion and happy with the abbreviated statement, I have my own opinion of what is written in black and white.

      Scouting Forever and Venture On!
      Dave