Re: [Scouter_T] Red or Green?

  • Bill Ferguson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
      Judy, I've "heard" it both ways: When the Centennial uniform was first
      issued, a trainer handed me the green "Trained" patch after I completed Cub
      Scout leader training with her, because I was wearing the new uniform. More
      recently, Scout shops, scoutstuff.org, and other folks have told me that the
      red patch is for trained Cub leaders.

      Does anyone out there have the official insignia guide handy? If so, is
      there an official reference on this subject?

      YIS

      Bill

      On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

      > When the new Centennial uniform was rolled out, many patches changed
      > colors, including the Trained Leader Emblem. Scout shops all over the
      > country were taking the red ones off the shelves and replacing them with the
      > new green ones.
      >
      > Just recently, I heard that Scout shops all over the country were again
      > stocking both red and green because the red ones were for Cubs and the green
      > ones were for everyone else.
      >
      > Can anyone tell me the straight scoop on this?
      >
      > Judy Yeager
      > HOAC Training Chair

    • Mark Ellis
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
        Lots of luck. The online BSA Insignia Guide (see http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide.aspx), which is supposed to be the electrons of the most current printed Insignia Guide, appears to only show the old Red trained strip.

        ScoutStuff (see http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/SearchPage.aspx?page=LIST&free_text|=trained%20strip&answers_per_page=15) shows the old strip and the Centennial trained strip, but lists them both as being awarded to all adult leaders and den chiefs.

        Be nice to see something in writing about the trained strips.

        Mark Ellis
        Training Chair
        Aquia District
        National Capital Area Council

        -------------------

        Dec 22, 2009 04:10:35 PM, scouter_t@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        Judy, I've "heard" it both ways: When the Centennial uniform was first
        issued, a trainer handed me the green "Trained" patch after I completed Cub
        Scout leader training with her, because I was wearing the new uniform. More
        recently, Scout shops, scoutstuff.org, and other folks have told me that the
        red patch is for trained Cub leaders.

        Does anyone out there have the official insignia guide handy? If so, is
        there an official reference on this subject?

        YIS

        Bill

        On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

        > When the new Centennial uniform was rolled out, many patches changed
        > colors, including the Trained Leader Emblem. Scout shops all over the
        > country were taking the red ones off the shelves and replacing them with the
        > new green ones.
        >
        > Just recently, I heard that Scout shops all over the country were again
        > stocking both red and green because the red ones were for Cubs and the green
        > ones were for everyone else.
        >
        > Can anyone tell me the straight scoop on this?
        >
        > Judy Yeager
        > HOAC Training Chair

      • doc marshall
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
          That information will be in the NEW insignia guide which should be on the shelf in your scout store shortly after the first of the year.
          In Service,
          Doc Marshall