Re: [Scouter_T] Red or Green?

  • Jon Baake
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
      Judy, you are correct that red is for cubs and green for everyone else. But if you look at the old red patches and the new cub-only red patches side by side you will see the new red patches are a little smaller than the old red ones.

      Jon Baake,
      NCAC

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
        The red "Trained" patch is for Cubs and Venturing. The green is for Boy Scouts.
        Yours in Scouting and Service,
        Doc Marshall

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
          Judy, I've "heard" it both ways: When the Centennial uniform was first
          issued, a trainer handed me the green "Trained" patch after I completed Cub
          Scout leader training with her, because I was wearing the new uniform. More
          recently, Scout shops, scoutstuff.org, and other folks have told me that the
          red patch is for trained Cub leaders.

          Does anyone out there have the official insignia guide handy? If so, is
          there an official reference on this subject?

          YIS

          Bill

          On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

          > When the new Centennial uniform was rolled out, many patches changed
          > colors, including the Trained Leader Emblem. Scout shops all over the
          > country were taking the red ones off the shelves and replacing them with the
          > new green ones.
          >
          > Just recently, I heard that Scout shops all over the country were again
          > stocking both red and green because the red ones were for Cubs and the green
          > ones were for everyone else.
          >
          > Can anyone tell me the straight scoop on this?
          >
          > Judy Yeager
          > HOAC Training Chair

        • Mark Ellis
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
            Lots of luck. The online BSA Insignia Guide (see http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide.aspx), which is supposed to be the electrons of the most current printed Insignia Guide, appears to only show the old Red trained strip.

            ScoutStuff (see http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/SearchPage.aspx?page=LIST&free_text|=trained%20strip&answers_per_page=15) shows the old strip and the Centennial trained strip, but lists them both as being awarded to all adult leaders and den chiefs.

            Be nice to see something in writing about the trained strips.

            Mark Ellis
            Training Chair
            Aquia District
            National Capital Area Council

            -------------------

            Dec 22, 2009 04:10:35 PM, scouter_t@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            Judy, I've "heard" it both ways: When the Centennial uniform was first
            issued, a trainer handed me the green "Trained" patch after I completed Cub
            Scout leader training with her, because I was wearing the new uniform. More
            recently, Scout shops, scoutstuff.org, and other folks have told me that the
            red patch is for trained Cub leaders.

            Does anyone out there have the official insignia guide handy? If so, is
            there an official reference on this subject?

            YIS

            Bill

            On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

            > When the new Centennial uniform was rolled out, many patches changed
            > colors, including the Trained Leader Emblem. Scout shops all over the
            > country were taking the red ones off the shelves and replacing them with the
            > new green ones.
            >
            > Just recently, I heard that Scout shops all over the country were again
            > stocking both red and green because the red ones were for Cubs and the green
            > ones were for everyone else.
            >
            > Can anyone tell me the straight scoop on this?
            >
            > Judy Yeager
            > HOAC Training Chair

          • doc marshall
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
              That information will be in the NEW insignia guide which should be on the shelf in your scout store shortly after the first of the year.
              In Service,
              Doc Marshall