Cub Scouts and beads

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
      Hello all,
      It has been a while since I did Cub Advancement but they aren't doing the beads any more are they?  If not I am a commissioner for a new pack that might start it up for themselves........

      connie

    • Teresa Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
        Yes, both Tigers and Cub Scouts still have their immediate recognition beads
        and holders.

        Teresa Hall

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
          Cool! Totems and all can still be bought at council stores? I was wondering only because I didn't hear it at all mentioned at the last Cub Scout Training........great! Thanks

          connie

          --- On Mon, 12/7/09, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@...> wrote:

          Yes, both Tigers and Cub Scouts still have their immediate recognition beads
          and holders.

          Teresa Hall

        • Jamie Niss Dunn
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
            It has been a while since I did Cub Advancement but they aren't doing the beads any more are they? If not I am a commissioner for a new pack that might start it up for themselves........
            ____________________________

            Connie, are you talking about the Tiger Totem and the Progress Towards rank totems? If so, they are certainly still in use, and especially valuable for Tigers who need reinforcement on the trail to their badge.

            http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&c3=UACCESSORIES&c4=&lv=3&item=17860

            http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&c3=UACCESSORIES&c4=&lv=3&item=17018

            Jamie Niss Dunn
            Pack Trainer, Pack 512
            Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
            Troop Committee, Troop 509
            Ham Lake, MN
            Cub Scout Training Coordinator
            Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
            Three Rivers District

          • Teresa Hall
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
              They are all mentioned in the leader specific training *syllabus*. YMMV.
              Jamie sent you the scoutstuff links.

              Teresa

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
                Yeah,
                I don't know why I didn't google it first.........duh........anyway. Already send info onto the new Cubmaster and hopefully we will have by Friday!!

                Thanks again......

                connie