Re: [Scouter_T] Trained Patch for Den Chiefs

  • Bill Ferguson
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 16, 2009
      Thanks for the clarification on position, and here's a question that has
      perhaps been fielded and answered before: Does the patch match the uniform
      version? (That is, does the red patch go with the old uniform and the green
      patch go with the Centennial uniform?) Or, is the red patch for "Trained"
      certification regarding Cub Scout courses and the green patch for Boy
      Scout-related training? I believe that the former is the case (Patch matches
      uniform--were there two different patches when only the "old" uniform was
      issued?), but I have been told the latter by certain councils and by some
      folks at scoutstuff.org.

      Now, I admit I haven't checked our insignia manual--is this answered there?

      YIS

      Bill Ferguson

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 16, 2009
        Or, is the red patch for "Trained"
        certification regarding Cub Scout courses and the green patch for Boy
        Scout-related training?
        ++++++++++++

        The latest Insignia Guide specifies red for Cub Scout Leaders and Green for Boy Scout/district positions. I don't remember which one Venturing people get.

        Jamie Niss Dunn
        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Troop Committee, Troop 509
        Ham Lake, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        Three Rivers District

        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
          No matter which uniform version they wear? (old or new)

          connie

          --- On Mon, 11/16/09, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

          Or, is the red patch for "Trained"
          certification regarding Cub Scout courses and the green patch for Boy
          Scout-related training?
        • Jon Baake
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
            The uniform version only dictates where the patch is placed, not the color of the patch. For the old uniform it is below the position patch as it always has been. For the new uniform it on the flap of the pocket on the sleve.

            Jon

            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
              Ok great!! I need to make sure I catch up on all of the emails before I post a question....thanks for the clarification............

              connie

              --- On Sat, 11/14/09, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

              My understanding was Boy Scouts and Boy Scout Leaders wear the green trained patch (and numbers) on both the old and new uniform and that Cub Scout Leaders wear the new red trained patch (it's a little smaller than the old red trained patch) on their uniforms. Location is on the pocket flap for the new uniform and and below the position patch on the old uniform regardless of the color of the patch. This is how it was explained to me by a clerk in our local Scout Shop. Someone please set me straight if this is wrong.
            • hadulzo
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/06I.aspx

                Trained Leader emblem, Boy Scout junior leaders who have completed troop junior leader training and den chiefs who have completed the den chief training conference may wear the Trained Leader emblem beneath their badge of office.

                Note: The Trained Leader emblem may be worn only in connection with the emblem of office for which training has been completed.

                Herb d

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "scoutersturdivant" <anna@...> wrote:

                > Consult your council training chair in regard to training requirements in addition to the online training to complete the Den
              • Jamie Niss Dunn
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                  No matter which uniform version they wear? (old or new)

                  The 2009-2010 Insignia Guide is mostly silent on differences between any earlier uniforms and the Centennial uniform. The only concession is the illustrations for the left sleeve which show the alternate placement of position patches, trained strips and the Commissioner Arrowhead on the Centennial uniform. Other than that there is no reference to the new uniform, as far as I recall.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                    Reality check here.....I certainly hope as leaders we don't critize a fully uniformed scout with the "wrong color" trained patch.

                    herb d
                  • Jon Baake
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 18, 2009
                      If it's a scout with the wrong color patch it is no doubt an adult that gave it to the scout. That adult should be apprised of the correct color patch to be handing out. I can think of no circumstance where cub scouts (boys) could earn a trained patch so this makes it simple - always give the boys green trained patches. And there is the case where the scout may have earned the red trained patch before the new uniform came out. Nothing I have seen says he has to rip all the old patches off and convert to the new ones.

                      Jon
                      NCAC

                      reen patches----- Original Message -----

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 18, 2009
                        I can think of at least one reason to use the red patch. If the troop still has 10 of them in stock then it is economical and environmentally friendly to use them.

                        herb d