Re: [Scouter_T] Trained Patch for Den Chiefs

  • Brant Lippincott
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 14, 2009
      I'm keeping them for the folks who have the old uniform...

      The red makes sense, I just have not seen them...  If I understand this right, the cubbies are supposed to wear RED numerals, so the red Trained strip makes sense.  I'll make sure we get those for the next round of training!!

      Wonder how that will work when we go to On-line training....

      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 15, 2009
        green letter trained patch is only worn with the position they are trained for. Trained patch is never worn by iteself
        online fast start training does not complete training for a den chief
        herb d
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "tomtribble" <Tom@...> wrote:

        > I don't recall that I've seen an answer to this question, but are den chiefs (youth) eligible to wear the trained patch after going through Den Chief Training?

      • scoutersturdivant
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 16, 2009
          Consult your council training chair in regard to training requirements in addition to the online training to complete the Den Chief training.

          On Mon, November 16, 2009 4:50 am, scouter_t@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > online fast start training does not complete training for a den chief
          > herb d
        • Bill Ferguson
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 16, 2009
            Thanks for the clarification on position, and here's a question that has
            perhaps been fielded and answered before: Does the patch match the uniform
            version? (That is, does the red patch go with the old uniform and the green
            patch go with the Centennial uniform?) Or, is the red patch for "Trained"
            certification regarding Cub Scout courses and the green patch for Boy
            Scout-related training? I believe that the former is the case (Patch matches
            uniform--were there two different patches when only the "old" uniform was
            issued?), but I have been told the latter by certain councils and by some
            folks at scoutstuff.org.

            Now, I admit I haven't checked our insignia manual--is this answered there?

            YIS

            Bill Ferguson

          • Jamie Niss Dunn
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 16, 2009
              Or, is the red patch for "Trained"
              certification regarding Cub Scout courses and the green patch for Boy
              Scout-related training?
              ++++++++++++

              The latest Insignia Guide specifies red for Cub Scout Leaders and Green for Boy Scout/district positions. I don't remember which one Venturing people get.

              Jamie Niss Dunn
              Pack Trainer, Pack 512
              Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
              Troop Committee, Troop 509
              Ham Lake, MN
              Cub Scout Training Coordinator
              Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
              Three Rivers District

              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                No matter which uniform version they wear? (old or new)

                connie

                --- On Mon, 11/16/09, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

                Or, is the red patch for "Trained"
                certification regarding Cub Scout courses and the green patch for Boy
                Scout-related training?
              • Jon Baake
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                  The uniform version only dictates where the patch is placed, not the color of the patch. For the old uniform it is below the position patch as it always has been. For the new uniform it on the flap of the pocket on the sleve.

                  Jon

                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                    Ok great!! I need to make sure I catch up on all of the emails before I post a question....thanks for the clarification............

                    connie

                    --- On Sat, 11/14/09, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

                    My understanding was Boy Scouts and Boy Scout Leaders wear the green trained patch (and numbers) on both the old and new uniform and that Cub Scout Leaders wear the new red trained patch (it's a little smaller than the old red trained patch) on their uniforms. Location is on the pocket flap for the new uniform and and below the position patch on the old uniform regardless of the color of the patch. This is how it was explained to me by a clerk in our local Scout Shop. Someone please set me straight if this is wrong.
                  • hadulzo
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                      http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/06I.aspx

                      Trained Leader emblem, Boy Scout junior leaders who have completed troop junior leader training and den chiefs who have completed the den chief training conference may wear the Trained Leader emblem beneath their badge of office.

                      Note: The Trained Leader emblem may be worn only in connection with the emblem of office for which training has been completed.

                      Herb d

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                        No matter which uniform version they wear? (old or new)

                        The 2009-2010 Insignia Guide is mostly silent on differences between any earlier uniforms and the Centennial uniform. The only concession is the illustrations for the left sleeve which show the alternate placement of position patches, trained strips and the Commissioner Arrowhead on the Centennial uniform. Other than that there is no reference to the new uniform, as far as I recall.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 17, 2009
                          Reality check here.....I certainly hope as leaders we don't critize a fully uniformed scout with the "wrong color" trained patch.

                          herb d
                        • Jon Baake
                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 18, 2009
                            If it's a scout with the wrong color patch it is no doubt an adult that gave it to the scout. That adult should be apprised of the correct color patch to be handing out. I can think of no circumstance where cub scouts (boys) could earn a trained patch so this makes it simple - always give the boys green trained patches. And there is the case where the scout may have earned the red trained patch before the new uniform came out. Nothing I have seen says he has to rip all the old patches off and convert to the new ones.

                            Jon
                            NCAC

                            reen patches----- Original Message -----

                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 18, 2009
                              I can think of at least one reason to use the red patch. If the troop still has 10 of them in stock then it is economical and environmentally friendly to use them.

                              herb d