Re: [Scouter_T] Recognizing Adult Leaders

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2009
      Staci Kilpatrick wrote:

      > I don't know what the purpose of the training is or who your
      > audience is, but one way to take the training class is the fun
      > way instead of the usual knot training.

      Good point. Also, I understood the question to be on how to let
      the leaders know that they are appreciated.

      Something to consider: Most of us will do whatever we need to do,
      and go to whatever lengths we need to go to do the job, as long as
      we know (or at least _think_ ) that someone cares about the job
      we're doing.

      If we always do a good job, and it becomes expected or taken for
      granted, we begin to feel like nobody cares what we do.

      Even a simple "Thank You", in public or in private, goes a long
      way toward letting your volunteers know that what they do is
      appreciated.

      Goofy awards or handcrafted specialty awards, it doesn't matter
      what do do so much as that you do something to tell you leaders
      that you appreciate what they're doing.

      YiS,

      Chuck Bramlet
      Thunderbird District