Still looking for College of Commissioner Science in the northeast?

  • Peter Mullaney
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2009
      Ida,
      Was it you looking for a Commissioner's College? A number of New
      Jersey councils used to get together to have one but held off this year.
      I haven't been paying much attention to this list lately, so I hope this
      isn't repeated news.

      The following came to me with two 2MB pdf attachments (which I haven't
      included). (You can get these forms from www.trcbsa.org) The POC is Janice
      Pomerico 516 623-9129
      ~ grhornyowl@...

      Pete M.

      Hi everyone,

      Attached is information about the College of Commissioner Science and
      Continuing Education that's taking place 11/21/09 at Molloy College in
      Rockville Center, NY. You can go to trcbsa.org to find the same brochure
      and registration form ($35), and also an on-line registration option, which
      costs an additional $2.88.

      The registration deadline is November 2, though there is also a $45 late
      registration option.

      I called Janice Pomerico (who's listed on the brochure) to get some ideas on
      the day's schedule.

      - the Bachelor's and Master's programs run all day

      - the Roundtable Program is in the morning

      - the Continuing Education Courses are in the afternoon

      Special Feature: National Commissioner Tico Perez is the keynote speaker at
      lunch!

      Janice also said that if I call her by Monday, and provide her with the
      information on anyone who wants to attend from PPC, I can send her a check
      next week, at the $35/person rate.

      Kitty and I are planning to attend and I have either a Suburban or a Prius
      to drive....so we can take up to 6 more, if you are interested in a "road
      trip" from the Florham Park Service Center (or my house). The driving time
      is about an hour. So we'll probably be leaving around 7:00 am, and getting
      back around 6:30pm.

      Please let me know if you want to attend. Feel free to register directly,
      or to let me know if you want me to call it in on Monday.

      Thanks.

      Mary Ruth

      P.S. This is the only Roundtable Commissioner Training currently scheduled
      in Area 7 for 2009-10. PPC Commissioners will be discussing training
      options for our Council at the 11/11 Key Leader Commissioner Breakout and we
      may slate in our own Roundtable Commissioner Training, so this may not be
      your only chance to do RT stuff. Of course there's the Tico Perez
      speech...which we probably won't have!