Re: Online TCC not counting as TRAINED

  • bnelson45
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2009
      Don't know if we will every have direct access to Scoutnet because of the personal information contained there.

      My guess is we will eventually have better links from myscouting.org to input records.

      Our council has created an online survey form that sends an email to the registrar with the info to input (see: http://www.grandcanyonbsa.org/training )

      Bill

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Corbin Sarchet" <corbms3@...> wrote:

      > One thing I think would help is a national standard advancement report form,
      > required. Apparently a lot of councils have their own. The revised form
      > should include space for the student's Scouting ID number as well as
      > requiring the use of the proper training codes, rather than writing in the
      > name of the course or segment. It also should include space for the council
      > and district codes, so that when a student takes an out of council or
      > district course, it can get sent to the right place. It should match up
      > with scoutnet. The reverse of the form, or page two, should include a list
      > of training and position codes. Has anyone considered letting district
      > training chairs and/or course directors input directly into scoutnet,
      > rather than dumping all of that on one poor staffer who probably doubles and
      > triples jobs anyway? I know there would be some worry about us a matures
      > fouling up the works, but perhaps National could create an on line course
      > for us to take and we can only input if we have taken the training on
      > Scoutnet.
      >

      > corb

    • Walsh, John (AGO)
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 29, 2009
        I thought that the Troop Committee Challenge (game) had been discontinued in favor of online training.

        ________________________________

        From: ilively@... <mailto:ilively%40comcast.net> [mailto:ilively@... <mailto:ilively%40comcast.net> ]

        Axxxx,

        I'm puzzled. Perhaps you can see something in the system that I can't.

        Mxxxxx Gxxxxx has: Online Troop Committee, This is Scouting and Youth Protection, but is listed as 'not trained'.

        I do understand people listed as 'no' in all categories, but still listed as 'trained' because they took the 'old' training, and are grandfathered ... but this one has be perplexed.

        Ida

      • bnelson45
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 29, 2009
          I heard back from the IT people at national. It is a known bug and there is a project in place to correct it. This fix will apply, for example, when a person is recorded as completed for Troop Committee Challenge (WS10) and This is Scouting (WA01) and will be indicated as being a trained committee chairman or member of committee. The completed dates must be after these courses became effective as required courses, of course.

          The completion of the project should be this year.

          Bill

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ilively@... wrote:

          > Has anyone else heard this?
          >
          > This came from my council Registrar
          >
          > Ida

        • Ben Ward
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 29, 2009
            The online training for troop committee is still a vaild training course.

            Yours in Scouting,

            Ben Ward

            Eagle Scout Class 1999
            Heart of Virginia Council # 602

            I thought that the Troop Committee Challenge (game) had been discontinued in favor of online training.