Re: How do you handle the Knots

  • Ida
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 28, 2009
      As you can see, each council handles their knots differently.

      My council (read: your mileage may vary) takes the cost of knots and certificates out of our District Dinner budget. Every time a knot is applied for/given out, the fees go into that budget.

      We pass our knots out at Roundtable. We acknowledge knots at our District Dinner. Knots are (hopefully) recognized at the Unit Level, too at the next Court of Honor or Pack meeting.

      The adults are out there doing the right things (getting training, participating in the program, etc.) .... we need to be sure that they feel appreciated. Recognizing them as often as possible is one small way that we can.

      Ida Lively
      Juniata Valley Council
      District Commissioner - Nittany Mountain District