RE: [Scouter_T] Troop Leader Training

  • Brian Duane
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 26 9:17 AM
      Hi Michael,

      When I first looked at TLT last year, I too found it to be a bit thin. So I
      looked to the older JLT information for ideas on how to supplement the
      information in TLT. I drew information from the section on team building
      games and exercises.

      We held the TLT sessions outside and when we needed to sit and talk, we
      gathered around the campfire. So we really did not do the powerpoint sort
      of presentation.

      We spent a lot of time just talking about how they wanted to do in
      fulfilling their positions as well as the Scoutmaster's view of what
      fulfilling their positions would entail.

      I think that this year I would like to extend the session by an hour or two
      and include some cooking and eating together to help build the team a bit
      more.

      Just a few thoughts.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Brian J. Duane

      "...I'm going to work my ticket if I can" - Bobwhite NE-1-261

      "Never do for a Scout what he can do for himself."
      Robert Baden-Powell