counted as trained in ScoutNet

  • bnelson45
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 23, 2009
      OK, I am pretty sure this was answered in the past, but I can't find the answer.

      I am noticiing that Troop committee members are sometimes marked as not trained in the Scout Net Trained /untrained reports even though they have S10 or WS10 and WA01 marked with dates. Is Scoutnet saying they are untrained because youth protection isn't completed (it doesn't show on the report at all), or for some other reason?
    • hadulzo
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 23, 2009
        Did they take fast start and this is scouting(or the old version)? If that isn't on the report they aren't trained.
        hd

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 23, 2009
          We are talking about when Scoutnet says they are trained. As far as I know Scoutnet never did look for fast start.

          WA01 is This is scouting and that is marked as completed.

          Bill
        • rdlongva
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 24, 2009
            ScoutNET does not currently count Youth Protection toward the "Trained" status. I am working on getting our district's records updated, since our Council Executive Committee voted to join the 20 pilot councils in the mandatory training initiative. I just got a ScoutNET report from our registrar that shows about half of our "Trained" leaders do not have credit for Youth Protection in ScoutNET. This is pretty conclusive evidence that it is not in the list of requirements in ScoutNET for any position.

            Fast Start does not seem to apply either. I know leaders who have a trained status of "Y" in ScoutNET who have not taken Fast Start for their current position.

            It would seem to me that BSA would get their own system corrected to match the current policy for what constitutes a "Trained" status before rolling out mandatory training initiatives.

            Dean Long
            Cub Leader Training Chair
            Battlefield District
            Heart of Virginia Council

          • gottshalld@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 24, 2009
              Dean,

              It was my understanding that Fast Start was a "better than nothing" alternative to provide some familiarization or information, but was not considered part of the positional training continuum.

              Dave Gottshall
              Boston Minuteman Council

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 24, 2009
                The problem I see is specifically with Troop committee members training status in Scoutnet.

                Even though they are marked as completing Troop Committee Challenge and This is Scouting, some of them show as not trained.

                Has anyone else seen this?
              • bnelson45
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 24, 2009
                  National is now requiring it, according to their site and what we have heard:
                  http://scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/BoyScouts/Adults/Training/Trained%20Leader.aspx

                  BUT: it isn't counted as required in Scoutnet. So take that for what it is worth.

                  Bill

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, gottshalld@... wrote:

                  > Dean,
                  >
                  > It was my understanding that Fast Start was a "better than nothing" alternative to provide some familiarization or information, but was not considered part of the positional training continuum.
                  >
                  > Dave Gottshall
                  > Boston Minuteman Council

                • hadulzo
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 24, 2009
                    When I was unempoloyed I took all the training for Troop Committee on line which included fast start and I am listed as trained.

                    Herb d

                    --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "bnelson45" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

                    > National is now requiring it, according to their site and what we have heard:
                    > http://scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/BoyScouts/Adults/Training/Trained%20Leader.aspx
                    >
                    > BUT: it isn't counted as required in Scoutnet. So take that for what it is worth.
                    >
                    > Bill
                    >
                    > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, gottshalld@ wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Dean,
                    > >
                    > > It was my understanding that Fast Start was a "better than nothing" alternative to provide some familiarization or information, but was not considered part of the positional training continuum.
                    > >
                    > > Dave Gottshall
                    > > Boston Minuteman Council

                  • bnelson45
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 26, 2009
                      Yet I know of some who have taken all the training and are showing untrained. Anyone else notice that with Troop Committee people?

                      Bill

                      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "hadulzo" <hadulzo@...> wrote:

                      > When I was unempoloyed I took all the training for Troop Committee on line which included fast start and I am listed as trained.
                      >
                      > Herb d
                    • hadulzo
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 26, 2009
                        I heard something about a glitch between training taken at council level and online training not working right. They had lots of issues with these types of reports for on online advancement to. We would get all 0's for advancments for months. They finally got it fixed this month where the report is correct.
                        Herb d

                        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "bnelson45" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

                        > Yet I know of some who have taken all the training and are showing untrained. Anyone else notice that with Troop Committee people?
                        >
                        > Bill
                        >
                        > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "hadulzo" <hadulzo@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > When I was unempoloyed I took all the training for Troop Committee on line which included fast start and I am listed as trained.
                        > >
                        > > Herb d

                      • spatula751
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 26, 2009
                          bnelson,

                          This is a known issue. You are correct if they are listed as having taken A01 and/or WA01 AND WS10 - it does NOT show them as trained for a Boy Scout Troop MC or CC.

                          If they have A01 and/or WA01 and S10 - it does show them as trained for a Boy Scout Troop MC or CC.

                          Again, another known issue. Which I did report months ago.

                          Yours in Scouting,
                          Brian Sutilla