Re: [Scouter_T] Wood Badge dinner or reunion

  • RedhedMary@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
      We have a Wood Badge breakfast in the spring, and a dinner in the fall. There are four districts in our council, and each district is on a rotating schedule to host. Usual cost is $10 or under depending on what is served. We use it as a chance to get together and also use the proceeds towards our Wood Badge Scholarship fund. (The fund paid out $1200 in scholarships for our most recent course.)

      We take time to introduce everyone...with "fines" (toward the WB scholarship fund) if you forget to introduce your guest, forget to mention your course or critter, or various other things. All in good fun. Also take the time to share upcoming events where WB assistance is needed, have a beading if that is where the recipient chooses to have their beads awarded, and of course end with a rousing chorus of "Back to Gilwell." We've also at times had various fun fund-raisers for the scholarship fund during the breakfast or dinner - auctions of scout memorabilia, best legs contests, and critter contests.

      We've also had two WB reunions thus far - neither have been particularly well attended, not quite sure why.

      Mary Cooper

      C-39-02 Bobwhite

      C-16-07 Bear Troop Guide

      Gerald R. Ford Council