Recognition

  • Barbara Karweik
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17 11:32 AM
      Hi
      I am relatively new to this list and am the Training Chair for Buckeye
      District in Ohio. I had been Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner for 12 years
      and now am changing my focus to the training committee. I have also chaired
      2 Pow Wows and been on the Council training committee for 8 years.
      The recognition we give to each of our CSBLT participants is a bolo made of
      a buckeye from Buckeye trees native to this part of Ohio. At Webelos Outdoor
      Training we give them a leather patch stamped with W.O.W.(Webelos Outdoor
      Workshop) and a Buckeye leaf. There are two SMF courses in our
      area-Blackfoot which has a foot bolo painted black and OKAMA, which has a
      bear paw bolo. Scouters in our area all wear their bolos proudly.
      Barb Karweik
      Buckeye District Training Chair
      Simon Kenton Council
      C-CS-1