Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Availability of Training Materials for Purchase

  • Timothy Buckley
    Message 1 of 50 , Oct 8, 2009
      Pack Trainer is not a substitute for the District training(ers) - they are there to encourage the leaders to take training courses provided by District, Council, and National.

      From the National website:
      Pack Trainer Responsibilities: The pack trainer is responsible for:
      * Conducting orientation of new families and pack leaders
      * Encouraging pack leaders to attend Cub Scout Leader Basic Training, which includes New Leader Essentials and Cub Scout Leader Specific Training
      * Helping with Unit Leadership Enhancements during pack leaders' meetings
      * Conducting other training as designated by the district and/or council
      * Encouraging pack leaders toattend ongoing training such as Youth Protection training, roundtable, pow wow, BALOO, Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders, and Wood Badge
      * Remaining current with training material and program updates
      * Keeping track of pack training records
      * Encouraging den chiefs to attend Den Chief Training

      ________________________________
      Message 50 of 50 , Oct 19, 2009
        No where did National authorize this. What they did authorize is a combined
        sessions on part of the course to save on staff.

        Ed Harvey
        Dutchess District Training Chair
        Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

        In a message dated 10/13/2009 3:42:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        deutche01@... writes:

        We have run a combined course for about 3 to 5 years, since National
        advocated it. We have good response from the leaders (it is a bit longer
        course
        for the Webeloe leaders) and at the end, we give cards to Webeloe leaders
        for both the Webeloe and the Boy Scout Outdoor Leader Skills