Re: [Scouter_T] Availability of Training Materials for Purchase

    Message 1 of 50 , Oct 8 9:53 AM
      I find it surprising that anyone can buy the sylabus for trainings. How can that be? It seems if anyone could put on a training then why do councils even bother? It seems the inconsistencies and urban myths would run rampant..........

      connie

      --- On Thu, 10/8/09, apatschin75 <tttrack@...> wrote:

      We have a national Scout Shop.

      I found out today that a troop/pack had ordered IOLS and BALOO manuals and intended to put the two courses on themselves.

      My first thought was that they should not be able to purchase/order them.  My council training advisor tells me that the Scout Shop can sell anything that has a valid number, and he doesn't think we have the ability to control it.

      What do you guys/gals in other councils do?  Or am I over-reacting and should, with the liberalization of training venues, allow units to purchase manuals and do their own training?

    • ed5870@aol.com
      Message 50 of 50 , Oct 19 4:21 PM
        No where did National authorize this. What they did authorize is a combined
        sessions on part of the course to save on staff.

        Ed Harvey
        Dutchess District Training Chair
        Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

        In a message dated 10/13/2009 3:42:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        deutche01@... writes:

        We have run a combined course for about 3 to 5 years, since National
        advocated it. We have good response from the leaders (it is a bit longer
        course
        for the Webeloe leaders) and at the end, we give cards to Webeloe leaders
        for both the Webeloe and the Boy Scout Outdoor Leader Skills