Meeting Theme Ideas

  • Dee Dee Cobb
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2001
      Take these ideas and adapt to your day camp programming, training themes, or
      pack presentations.

      Ceremonies are the centerpiece of your meeting. Go all out. Costumes and
      props are mandatory! Here are some ideas:

      * Pirates distributing loot earned over the summer from a treasure chest.
      Complete with beards and talking parrot.

      * Dressed as cowboys "Wells" and "Fargo", giving awards out of a cardboard
      "safe". Bank robbery included--we wrapped the "robber" in Mylar emergency
      blanket and he howled "Drat! Foiled again!" All the awards were in
      individual gold bags, also some gold coin chocolates.

      * Dressed as Thanksgiving chefs and handed awards out from pots and pans
      arranged on our stove and serving table.

      * Make up new words to "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" that include each
      boys name and award. One narrates while another Scout "Santa" hands out the
      awards from an Army Alice pack, in front of a fireplace with stockings.

      * Dress in tuxedoes and evening gowns to hand out the "Cubademy Awards",
      little gold cardboard statuettes. Every boy wins something in a category
      like "Longest firing catapult" or "Best use of glitter in a Tiger Cub craft"
      that ties into something they've done that month.

      *Hand out a Webelos badge using an Indian headdress and 'flaming arrow'
      using magicians flash paper.

      * We were overrun by bugs one month--bugs on the walls, bugs on the chairs,
      bugs on the tables. Fortunately, we had flyswatters (dowel + needlepoint
      cloth) and every time we 'smashed' a bug, it seemed there were awards stuck
      to it (with carpet tape). Just a little sleight of hand and preparation to
      get the empty flyswatter switched with a prepared one. (The flyswatters were
      the biggest hit, every boy got one...)

      * Awards fastened to Frisbees, thrown to the boys by an alien Scout.

      Send a cool gift with your E-Card
      http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/