what is the "current" Boy Scout Specific training syllabi?

  • Al
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      My printing of the "Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leaders Specific Training "course syllabus is 2001-2002 printing.
      The item number seems to be 34879A.
      According to Scoutstuff.org, there is a 34879A
      and a DVD: AV-02DVD15
      Are these really the most current?
      ====
      My printing of the "Outdoor Leader Skills" course is the 2001 Edition. Item 33640.
      The online Scoutstuff.org entry has the same number. Do we need to order a new one?

      Along the lines of both the "indoor" and 'outdoor" Boy Scout leader training courses, I hear that they will be or have been revamped to use the Teaching EDGE. If (past tense) they have been revised then I do NOT have this new material (and we need to order it).
      If they will (future tense) be revising this then when? We dont want to order a new copy of the syllabi now and then have it go out of date.

      I've been to the www.scouting.org web site and cant really figure out how to determine what is the "current" training syllabi.
    • Ben Ward
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
        Al,

        The latest printing is the 2008 printing of the manual and the DVD, if it is not 2008 it is not current.

        Yours in Scouting,

        Ben Ward

        Eagle Scout Class 1999
        Heart of Virginia Council # 602