Re: New Member ID Put into myscouting.org and Scoutnet flow

  • spatula751
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 18, 2009
      Hi all,

      I just dealt with this very issue yesterday. AND I CAN VERIFY THE FOLLOWING:

      1. If your Person ID (BSA ID/Member Number/Member ID) is in attached to your MyScouting record/account BEFORE you complete a for credit e-learning course(s) it DOES attach to your ScoutNET record automatically.

      2. If your Person ID is NOT in your MyScouting record/account BEFORE you complete a for credit e-learning course(s) it DOES NOT attach to your ScoutNET record automatically. Even if you enter your Person ID later, it DOES NOT update your records to ScoutNET. :(

      SOLUTIONS:
      1. Print certificates of completed e-learning courses as a PDF file(s) and e-mail them to the council registrar (or the one who enters trainings).

      2. Print certificates and mail them to the council service center, c/o the council registrar (or the one who enters trainings).

      3. Print certificates and bring them to a Round Table. Give them to your Unit Service Professional to be entered into ScoutNET. (NO PROFESSIONAL BASHING - I do this for my volunteers on a regular basis. I call it DE Express.)

      Now I know this is jumping through hoops, but it is the best we have with the systems limitations. The real fix, is a programing fix.....<warning getting up on soapbox now>....I am not holding my breathe, I am still waiting for a Unit Detailed Training Report (much like the unit advancement detail report). I requested it 8 years ago now.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Brian Sutilla
      District Director

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "bnelson45" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

      > Can someone verify this one way or the other?
      >
      > Bill
      >
      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Ellis" <mark.ellis21@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hmmm...we've been told that once the BSA ID is entered, the data does flow
      > > to ScoutNet.
      > >

      > > Mark

    • spatula751
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 18, 2009