Training = Retention

  • bnelson45
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 4 11:01 AM
      Wasn't there a national study that showed a correlation between retention and training?

      Anyone know where it is?
    • Doug Acker
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 4 2:04 PM
        It was presented at the PTC last year during Cub Week

        We do a GREAT job recruiting boys in Sept. We lose about 25% of them by
        December. The #1 reason we lose them is untrained leaders.

        Wasn't there a national study that showed a correlation between retention
        and training?

        Anyone know where it is?

      • The Rooneys
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 4 5:27 PM
          Does anyone know how to get a copy of this study and/or presentation?

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 4 5:35 PM
            I found my copy ... I'll try to upload it to the ggroup

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 4 5:36 PM
              Its been uploaded to http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AKqhSkwTCyV3g84l2Gp8OkiCxXtj3YQo2eBKMyHOZ7mDJe58L1AZL3BrsZQIDBN90USGWZmIKMhLTLUs9QQbOcrBqUY/2-Cub%20Scout%20Extravaganza.pdf

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 4 6:39 PM
                Thanks, but is there a little more information specifically on how training helps retain scouts?
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                  This wouldn't open and my Round Table discussion tonight is about training.........is it somewhere else? I leave in an hour.........of course........;(

                  connie

                  Does anyone know how to get a copy of this study and/or presentation?

                  It was presented at the PTC last year during Cub Week

                  We do a GREAT job recruiting boys in Sept. We lose about 25% of them by
                  December. The #1 reason we lose them is untrained leaders.

                  Wasn't there a national study that showed a correlation between retention
                  and training?

                  Anyone know where it is?

                • tbird558trng
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                    Connie,

                    If you go to the Yahoo Group and click on Files, it's the first file after the file folders. You should be able to get it there.

                    YIS,
                    Jim
                  • Brant Lippincott
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                      go to our group... Click link below....

                      click on files....

                      It's about 1/2 way down.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                        Ok when I try to open stuff it asks me if I want to find it and then takes me to a screen to learn about software options.......ugh.......how do I get it? I also want the training cards I saw in the files...... help.....time is running out........

                        connie

                        Were you able to download it from the group site??

                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                          Ok,
                          When I try to open the link below I get the same screen talking to me about software choices...........

                          connie

                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                            connie

                            This wouldn't open and my Round Table discussion tonight is about training.........is it somewhere else? I leave in an hour.........of course.........;(

                            connie

                            Does anyone know how to get a copy of this study and/or presentation?

                            It was presented at the PTC last year during Cub Week

                            We do a GREAT job recruiting boys in Sept. We lose about 25% of them by
                            December. The #1 reason we lose them is untrained leaders.

                            Wasn't there a national study that showed a correlation between retention
                            and training?

                            Anyone know where it is?

                          • Jamie Niss Dunn
                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                              What happens when you try and open the attachment I sent you? do you need to download a newer version of Adobe Acrobat?

                              Jamie Niss Dunn
                              Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                              Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                              Troop Committee, Troop 509
                              Ham Lake, MN
                              Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                              Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                              Three Rivers District

                            • Lisa
                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                                Connie

                                Its attached to this email.
                                I've cc'd the list -- let us know if you get it OK.

                                Lisa

                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                                  That opened up beautifully! It is a power point isn't it?

                                  connie

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                                    The file on the group was PPT

                                    And sorry to say - I just sent the same thing ....

                                    Connie Knie wrote:
                                    > That opened up beautifully! It is a power point isn't it?
                                    >
                                    > connie

                                  • Lisa
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                                      ugh PDF not PPT

                                      Lisa wrote:

                                      > The file on the group was PPT
                                      >
                                      > And sorry to say - I just sent the same thing ....
                                      >

                                      > Connie Knie wrote:
                                      >> That opened up beautifully! It is a power point isn't it?
                                      >>
                                      >> connie

                                    • Jamie Niss Dunn
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Oct 8, 2009
                                        >That opened up beautifully! It is a power point isn't it?

                                        It's a PDF of a PowerPoint. You need to open in using Adobe Acrobat NOT MS PowerPoint.

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Oct 9, 2009
                                          What I found out is that my son's laptop does not have Word (I am using his as mine has become very badly infected) so I can't open those files...........ugh......  What you sent helped last night and now I just need to take a look at those cards........thanks again....

                                          connie

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Oct 9, 2009
                                            Hi group!

                                            I may have gone a little to "delete happy"...

                                            Did someone say they had a PPT of this - rather than the PDF that was uploaded??

                                            Could someone send it to me?  (privately - attachments don't go thru list.)

                                            Thanks!!

                                            Brant Lippincott

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Oct 9, 2009
                                              You could download Open Office www.openoffice.org or use Google Docs to open them.

                                              Jamie

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Oct 9, 2009
                                                Thanks,
                                                My fiance is working to remove the ugly virus from my 'puter......hopefully I get it back soon.

                                                Thanks to all of the help I get on this list I have had two fantastic Round Table meetings! I am really rocking those meetings this year! We have improved our attendance by at least 25% and are getting great reviews..........

                                                connie