Re: [Scouter_T] Training Umbrealla

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3 12:51 PM
      <<Is there going to be something specific for Committee members? There is a rumor that in 2012 those leaders will need to be trained as well.........>>

      Which committee? There is already training for pack and troop committee members. I assume crew committee members take Venturing leader specific, and there is the district committee training workshop.

      Jamie Niss Dunn
      Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Troop Committee, Troop 509
      Ham Lake, MN
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      Three Rivers District

      So this is the latest and greatest as far as what National is expecting when Mandatory training comes into effect?
      ?
      Is there going to be something specific for Committee members? There is a rumor that in 2012 those leaders will need to be trained as well.........

      connie

      --- On Thu, 9/3/09, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

      Connie -

      http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/BoyScouts/Adults/Training/Trained%20Leader.aspx

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4 6:15 AM
          From the national website:
          Training Updates

          July 2009

          The site www.scouting.org/training/adult has taken on a new look. Our goal was to get to training information without going through more than two clicks. Visit this site often as we will be adding new training resources every week.

          Twenty selected councils will pilot required training for top leaders in 2010. Top leaders are Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Varsity Coaches, and Venturing crew Advisors. Plans are to require training for all top leaders in 2011 and all direct-contact leaders in 2012. Direct-contact leaders include assistant leaders and den leaders. Council training teams should begin to update training records by conducting training inventories of their leaders and prepare to make training more readily available and to expand their training teams.

          Forwarded by Herb Dulzo

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4 12:25 PM
            <<All of the above.........I just didn't see it listed on the same page as the other positions...
            I know the trainings exist, I was just looking to see them listed as plain as the others are.....you know some folks won't listen to anything unless it can be found in writing.....>>
            The page lists the pack committee training, but only address SMs and ASMs under Boy Scouting. For Venturing it lists Venturing Leader Basic. It does however say that to be trained one takes Fast Start, YPT, This is Scouting and Position specific in order to be trained. It just doesn't list Troop Committee Challenge as the Position specific course for troop committee members.