Program Helps vs New Program

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
      Hello all,
      Just a quick question.

      Are the packs that are following the Program Helps as they stand now going to just use that up until January and then switch over? Will this program be available at council offices?

      How are the RT Commissioners going to change RT? Is there a new RT Planning guide out that reflects this?

      Sorry for the barage of questions but am trying to help our Cub RT Commissioner......

      connie

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
        <<Are the packs that are following the Program Helps as they stand now going to just use that up until January and then switch over? Will this program be available at council offices?
        ?
        How are the RT Commissioners going to change RT? Is there a new RT Planning guide out that reflects this?>>

        The new program does not kick in until FALL next year. Program Helps is still valid until August 2010. The new support materials will be available in Spring of 2010, so packs and districts can use them for planning. The Resource guide will be available both in Scout Shops and online.

        The RT planning guide is being rewritten to support Cub Scouts 2010. As a Roundtable Commissioner, I anticipate that we will spend more time on what we now call Training Highlights and Outdoor Program Features, as well as providing ideas for pack special events and field trip type outings.

        Jamie Niss Dunn
        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Troop Committee, Troop 509
        Ham Lake, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        Three Rivers District

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
          Ok thanks,
          Maybe I was just confused by the wording as it seems to indicate January of 2010.... But we do need to be watching out for the materials so that we can be prepared to help the leaders.....

          Also how is this going to change training and is National going to have the support materials.....ie new sylabus.........to help the trainers?

          connie

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
            >Also how is this going to change training and is National going to have the support materials.....ie new sylabus.........to help >the trainers?

            Yes and yes. Have you watched the presentation and read the FAQs on the Cub Scouts 2010 page? They answer many of these questions.

            http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts2010.aspx

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
              No,
              I am playing catch up........I am actually the Boy Scout RT Commissioner but I like to help keep the Cub guy in the loop........thanks again.....reading now.....