Training Umbrealla

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
      Hello all,
      I thought I kept it but Jamie, didn't you have a document that showed what National listed as trainings for each position in a pack or troop that a leader had to take so they would be considered "trained"?

      This came up at our commissioners' meeting as I started talking about mandatory training again.....

      Thanks
      connie

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
        Connie -

        ?I have a brochure I put together for Cub Scout leaders. I think you may be thinking of this page on the National Council web site:

        http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/BoyScouts/Adults/Training/Trained%20Leader.aspx

        Jamie Niss Dunn
        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Troop Committee, Troop 509
        Ham Lake, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        Three Rivers District

      • Eric Crimmins
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
          Check the files section for the group, it looks like the file you are looking for is posted there close to the bottom.

          Eric

          Eric J. Crimmins
          Webelos Den Leader, Pack 345
          Committee Member, Wood District
          Erie Shores Council
          “I used to be an Owl…”

          In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. - John Muir

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
            Ok thanks!

            So this is the latest and greatest as far as what National is expecting when Mandatory training comes into effect?

            Is there going to be something specific for Committee members? There is a rumor that in 2012 those leaders will need to be trained as well.........

            connie

            --- On Thu, 9/3/09, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

            Connie -

            http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/BoyScouts/Adults/Training/Trained%20Leader.aspx

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
              Hi,
              Thanks. What that looks like is a complete list of what is available, but not exactly (no more or less) than a scouter needs to do to be considered trained....... But I will be using both.......

              connie

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
                    From the national website:
                    Training Updates

                    July 2009

                    The site www.scouting.org/training/adult has taken on a new look. Our goal was to get to training information without going through more than two clicks. Visit this site often as we will be adding new training resources every week.

                    Twenty selected councils will pilot required training for top leaders in 2010. Top leaders are Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Varsity Coaches, and Venturing crew Advisors. Plans are to require training for all top leaders in 2011 and all direct-contact leaders in 2012. Direct-contact leaders include assistant leaders and den leaders. Council training teams should begin to update training records by conducting training inventories of their leaders and prepare to make training more readily available and to expand their training teams.

                    Forwarded by Herb Dulzo

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
                      <<All of the above.........I just didn't see it listed on the same page as the other positions...
                      I know the trainings exist, I was just looking to see them listed as plain as the others are.....you know some folks won't listen to anything unless it can be found in writing.....>>
                      The page lists the pack committee training, but only address SMs and ASMs under Boy Scouting. For Venturing it lists Venturing Leader Basic. It does however say that to be trained one takes Fast Start, YPT, This is Scouting and Position specific in order to be trained. It just doesn't list Troop Committee Challenge as the Position specific course for troop committee members.