Introduction

  • Christopher carlin
    Message 1 of 54 , Sep 2, 2009
      Hello,
      I'm a Pack Trainer for a Pack in the Bluebonnet District, Circle Ten Council.  I've been a den leader, committee member and for the last two years a Pack Trainer.  I also help with training at District level training New Leaders, Tiger Den Leader, Cub Den Leader and Webelos Den Leader.   I also volunteer every summer at our district's Twilight Camp and other events throughout the year.  My son will be bridging to a Boy Scout Troop in a month, he is a proud recipient of his Arrow of Light!  I enjoyed a weekend of IOLS this last spring and I have finally gotten around to signing up for Wood Badge this coming January (I'm excited).  I have a two year old who will be a Tiger in a few years.   My husband has been Den Leader, Cubmaster and Webelos Den Leader and now assistant Scoutmaster so between the two of us we'll be well prepared the second time around.  My oldest is giving us a training course in Scout Parenting I always say!
      I look forward to discussions about Scout training issues, I'm always learning and always questioning.
      Yours in Scouting,
      Keisha Carlin

      Message 54 of 54 , Feb 24, 2016
        Welcome
        Connie

        From: "Ken Guarino fguarino@... [scouter_t]" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

        Hi all,

        I am just joining the group and hope to be able to share my experiences and obtain insight / tips, etc. from other members.  A brief background:
        Have been a scouter for 24 years, both my sons are Eagles, and I’ve worn MANY hats on the district and unit level.  Various Cub positions on committee and as a den leader, spent 14 years with a troop as a committee member and 7 years as Scoutmaster. Currently a Unit Commissioner and a District Training Chairman in the Theodore Roosevelt Council in New York.  Silver Beaver recipient, OA vigil, Wood Badge Eagle.

        Ken