Re: This Is Scouting

  • hadulzo
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2009
      I talked to our council program director and she doesn't have a copy for herself. I pretty sure the DVD I buy wednesday will be the one the council uses next month since our district training chair usually runs that training at council level.
      I thought is was strange that national would be giving something away that they sell. Also, I am sure they would prefer it be done on line so giving away DVD's would be counterproductive.

      herb d
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

      > Michael Crothers wrote, in part, "Your council should have the disk and can get more, one per each district."
      >
      > Herb replied, "I called my council and they know nothing about one DVD for each district."
      >
      > I think what we have here is a difference in council policy. Each council has a budget for training and the size of that budget is set by the council and what it will be spent on is probably up to the professional advisor to the Council Training Committee. It would appear that that professional in Michael's council has decided that each district should have at least one copy of all new training materials, and perhaps Herb's has not. (I say perhaps because I do not know who Herb talked to. In my council, you would have to ask the professional overseeing training to get an answer for that question.)
      >
      > Judy Yeager
      > HOAC Council Training Chair

    • hadulzo
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2009
        I got my DVD today. Anyone who wants to use this on a DVD player inleu of a computer must realize a remote control for the DVD player is required to answer the questions. I assume the pause allows for discussion and the group to answer the question.

        herb d