Re: Jr. Leader Training Materials

  • Michael Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2009
      Bill,

      I use a modified version of the Troop Ledership training presentation from the national website at:
      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/ppt/tlt.ppt

      I add my vision (as the Scoutmaster's), and the SPL adds his vision as well. We also hide the first set of slides discussing the position responsibilities, and save the detail for the end when we are talking to the Scouts about their specific tasks.

      A copy of the training material itself can be found at:
      http://www.bacarrowhead.org/training/TroopLeadershipTraining.pdf

      Two of my Scouts have staffed NYLT, so I ask them to lead the transition from section to section during the training itself (less for me to do).

      Good Luck. This really helped to get my Troop going!
      Michael Brown
      Scoutmaster, Troop 84
      San Ramon, CA