A-moo

  • smithds0913
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 13, 2009
      Playing one of the cows in our next Wood Badge course's instructional campfire, have to put the costume together. Any good ideas?

      Scott
    • Kevin Pate
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 13, 2009
        see if the chik filet website still has the do it yourself cow costume pieces.  Rather cute as I recall

      • sheron harder
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 13, 2009
          How about a plain white shirt with pieces of black felt cut out and glued on?

          From: "smithds0913" <smithds@...>

          Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:36:56
          To: <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [Scouter_T] A-moo

          Playing one of the cows in our next Wood Badge course's instructional campfire, have to put the costume together. Any good ideas?

          Scott

        • Rick Rambo
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 13, 2009
            We always sues Garbage Bags. Black bags with white spots or white bags with
            black. Latex gloves for an Udder.

            Playing one of the cows in our next Wood Badge course's instructional
            campfire, have to put the costume together. Any good ideas?

            Scott

          • Shilo
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 13, 2009
              At our last Woodbadge course we did that and they did it will super large black garbage bags (drum size) and used white paint for spots and latex exam gloves for the udders.. everybody got a kick out of it... (one cow liked to shake his uddrs had everybody rolling)

              Shilo

              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Rambo" <rickram@...> wrote:

              > We always sues Garbage Bags. Black bags with white spots or white bags with
              > black. Latex gloves for an Udder.
              >
              > Playing one of the cows in our next Wood Badge course's instructional
              > campfire, have to put the costume together. Any good ideas?
              >
              > Scott

            • Elaine D. Boyd
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 14, 2009
                I so knew what this email was about (well - referring to anyway) when I saw
                the subject line! LOL When I took Wood Badge, the cows just made cow masks
                (laminated paper with eye and mouth holes) and that was just about it. The
                first time I was on staff (2005), one of the troop guides, bought cow
                costumes. Those costumes have been used ever since. That troop guide is
                the course director for the course this fall. Cows will be every where!!
                A-moo.

                Sorry - not much help, but it was fun sharing cow stories. :-) Talk with
                the udder cows and see if they have any ideas.

                Yours in Scouting,

                ~Elaine

                I used to be a Bear NE I-220
                and a good old staffer too! NE I-243, NE I-250 & NE I-269

                > Playing one of the cows in our next Wood Badge course's instructional
                > campfire, have to put the costume together. Any good ideas?
                >
                > Scott
              • Dan Kurtenbach
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 14, 2009
                  White painters coveralls, either the full cloth or the paper-like "disposable" kind.  Paint some large random black spots with an inexpensive latex paint (or permanent black marker).  Get a 3 foot length of white nylon or cotton rope (3/8" or wider).  Sew or safety-pin one end of rope to seat of coveralls; fray 3 to 6 inches of other end and paint black for a fuzzy tail tip.  White posterboard, 18" x 18" or so.  Draw a big goofy cow face, or find one on the internet and print it out (black and white) large enough to serve as mask, and glue on to the posterboard.  Cut out the face and big eye holes.  Punch a hole on each side about 1/2" in from edge, and attach elastic or shock cord to hold it on your head.  Add black shoes or boots and black cloth gloves to complete the ensemble.  Bell around the neck optional.

                  Dan Kurtenbach
                  Fairfax, VA

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 14, 2009
                    And the last item of utter amazement -- sorry I could not resist -- inflate a
                    rubber glove for the udder, attached to the front.

                    Don Wilson
                    "Teaches boys to be men and men to be boys"

                    To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                    From: Dan Kurtenbach <danielkurtenbach@...>
                    Date sent: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:15:07 -0700 (PDT)
                    Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] A-moo