Re: EDGE training for Scouts

  • Bill Nelson
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 10, 2009
      Link is: http://www.bsahandbook.org/

      not .com

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "dmcdlgcs" <dlougent@...> wrote:

      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@> wrote:
      > >
      > > EDGE is indeed in the new book - p.53.
      > >

      > Teaching EDGE is on p. 53. Leading EDGE is on p. 59. All of this information, in theory, will be available at www.bsahandbook.com (but at the moment the link goes to the BSA home page).
      >
      > When checking it out, I was amazed at the awesome video on the webpage: http://scouting.org/Youth.aspx credited to J. Darlington, Eagle Scout. Check it out!
      >
      > Dawn Gent
      > Wilmington, DE

    • dmcdlgcs
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Nelson" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

        > Link is: http://www.bsahandbook.org/
        >
        > not .com
        >
        > > > EDGE is indeed in the new book - p.53.
        > > >

        > > Teaching EDGE is on p. 53. Leading EDGE is on p. 59. All of this information, in theory, will be available at www.bsahandbook.com (but at the moment the link goes to the BSA home page).

        Link (.org) is now active - it wasn't when I sent the last post (I tried it because .com didn't seem logical). Some pages of the printed handbook say .com in error (e.g. p.58) - so I guess we should expect some confusion from our leaders.

        Dawn Gent
        Wilmington, DE
      • Bill Nelson
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
          By the way, the new Troop Leader Training (JLT) teaches EDGE.

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "dmcdlgcs" <dlougent@...> wrote:

          > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Nelson" <bnelson45@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Link is: http://www.bsahandbook.org/
          > >
          > > not .com

          > > > Teaching EDGE is on p. 53. Leading EDGE is on p. 59. All of this information, in theory, will be available at www.bsahandbook.com (but at the moment the link goes to the BSA home page).
          > > >

          > Link (.org) is now active - it wasn't when I sent the last post (I tried it because .com didn't seem logical). Some pages of the printed handbook say .com in error (e.g. p.58) - so I guess we should expect some confusion from our leaders.
          >
          > Dawn Gent
          > Wilmington, DE

        • Corb Sarchet
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
            Just as a matter of info, last night I had my SPL, who is a graduate of NYLT, conduct a class on EDGE using EDGE. It went very well. I recommend getting your senior youth leaders into NYLT in your Council.
            --
            Corb Sarchet
            SM Troop 48