Re: advancement chair training??

  • Herbert Dulzo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 5:07 PM
      As James says there is no syllabus per se but there is oodles of reference materials.
      The Bible for advancement comitties is the
      "Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures" http://scoutmaster.typepad.com/2008AdvancementGuideBook.pdf
      (I don't think this is the current version)
      The Current Boy Scout requirements book (2009)
      Scoutmaster Handbook, Troop Committe guide book and most important are your councils guidlines and procedures for Eagle Scout and merit badge counselors. (these are spelled out for the most part in the Advancement Policies and Procedures but council is allowed to vary slight from this books on some specifice items)

      And low and behold I ran in to something I didn't know about. Actual videos about most subjest. (runs in quicktime)
      http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/Videos/BSAdvancementVideo.aspx

      Herb D
      Chicago