advancement chair training??

  • eagle9252
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
      is there any advancement chair training?? i need something in writing from
      national not just from someones computer of what they think if you know what
      i mean.

    • JNDunnMN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
        There's not a syllabus for free standing training for the Troop committee
        member responsible for Advancement. They should take Troop Committee
        Challenge, review the Supplemental training on Boards of Review
        _http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/TrainingModules/BoardofReviewTraining.aspx_
        (http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/TrainingModules/BoardofReviewTrai
        ning.aspx) and own and read Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures.

        Pack Trainer, P. 512
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        3 Rivers District
        Scouting. Good for Life.

        In a message dated 8/3/2009 4:38:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        eagle9252@... writes:

        is there any advancement chair training?? i need something in writing from
        national not just from someones computer of what they think if you know
        what
        i mean.

        steps!
        =JulystepsfooterNO115)

      • Herbert Dulzo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
          As James says there is no syllabus per se but there is oodles of reference materials.
          The Bible for advancement comitties is the
          "Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures" http://scoutmaster.typepad.com/2008AdvancementGuideBook.pdf
          (I don't think this is the current version)
          The Current Boy Scout requirements book (2009)
          Scoutmaster Handbook, Troop Committe guide book and most important are your councils guidlines and procedures for Eagle Scout and merit badge counselors. (these are spelled out for the most part in the Advancement Policies and Procedures but council is allowed to vary slight from this books on some specifice items)

          And low and behold I ran in to something I didn't know about. Actual videos about most subjest. (runs in quicktime)
          http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/Videos/BSAdvancementVideo.aspx

          Herb D
          Chicago