RE: [Scouter_T] EDGE training for Scouts

  • Walsh, John (AGO)
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
      Which is to say that the Scoutmaster learns about EDGE in basic training
      (Scoutmaster Specific), and is supposed to share it with the Scouts at
      their Troop Leader Training discussions. EDGE will also probably be in
      the new Centennial Handbook, with the new requirements.

      John

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
        EDGE is indeed in the new book - p.53.

        Jamie Niss Dunn
        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Troop Committee, Troop 509
        Ham Lake, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        Three Rivers District
      • dmcdlgcs
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2009

          > EDGE is indeed in the new book - p.53.

          Teaching EDGE is on p. 53. Leading EDGE is on p. 59. All of this information, in theory, will be available at www.bsahandbook.com (but at the moment the link goes to the BSA home page).

          When checking it out, I was amazed at the awesome video on the webpage: http://scouting.org/Youth.aspx credited to J. Darlington, Eagle Scout. Check it out!

          Dawn Gent
          Wilmington, DE
        • Bill Nelson
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 10, 2009
            Link is: http://www.bsahandbook.org/

            not .com

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "dmcdlgcs" <dlougent@...> wrote:

            > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@> wrote:
            > >
            > > EDGE is indeed in the new book - p.53.
            > >

            > Teaching EDGE is on p. 53. Leading EDGE is on p. 59. All of this information, in theory, will be available at www.bsahandbook.com (but at the moment the link goes to the BSA home page).
            >
            > When checking it out, I was amazed at the awesome video on the webpage: http://scouting.org/Youth.aspx credited to J. Darlington, Eagle Scout. Check it out!
            >
            > Dawn Gent
            > Wilmington, DE

          • dmcdlgcs
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Nelson" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

              > Link is: http://www.bsahandbook.org/
              >
              > not .com
              >
              > > > EDGE is indeed in the new book - p.53.
              > > >

              > > Teaching EDGE is on p. 53. Leading EDGE is on p. 59. All of this information, in theory, will be available at www.bsahandbook.com (but at the moment the link goes to the BSA home page).

              Link (.org) is now active - it wasn't when I sent the last post (I tried it because .com didn't seem logical). Some pages of the printed handbook say .com in error (e.g. p.58) - so I guess we should expect some confusion from our leaders.

              Dawn Gent
              Wilmington, DE
            • Bill Nelson
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
                By the way, the new Troop Leader Training (JLT) teaches EDGE.

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "dmcdlgcs" <dlougent@...> wrote:

                > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Nelson" <bnelson45@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Link is: http://www.bsahandbook.org/
                > >
                > > not .com

                > > > Teaching EDGE is on p. 53. Leading EDGE is on p. 59. All of this information, in theory, will be available at www.bsahandbook.com (but at the moment the link goes to the BSA home page).
                > > >

                > Link (.org) is now active - it wasn't when I sent the last post (I tried it because .com didn't seem logical). Some pages of the printed handbook say .com in error (e.g. p.58) - so I guess we should expect some confusion from our leaders.
                >
                > Dawn Gent
                > Wilmington, DE

              • Corb Sarchet
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
                  Just as a matter of info, last night I had my SPL, who is a graduate of NYLT, conduct a class on EDGE using EDGE. It went very well. I recommend getting your senior youth leaders into NYLT in your Council.
                  --
                  Corb Sarchet
                  SM Troop 48