Den Chief Training

  • corbms3
    Message 1 of 48 , Aug 3, 2009
      To qualify for the trained patch as a Den Cnief, and as part of the requirement for the Den Chief Service Award, can they do either the classroom Den Cief Training Conference or the on-line Den Chief Fast Start, or both?
      The requirement current says complete Den Chief Training.
      incidently, fyi, the training coes for these courses are:

      Dem Chief Training: C31.
      Den Chief Fast Start: DCF8.
      Den Chief Service Award: 610.

      The Den Chief fast start is accessed on line through scouting.org, through youth, through boy scout, through trainng.

      The DCFS mirrows the DC Trng Conference, but the DCTC includes practical work, exercises, and hands-on activities.

      i experimented with one course by having one schou go on line (using a laptop and projector) and doing course in segments, with the TCTC activties, etc., following the on-line segment pertaining to it. Afterwards, we had each Scout, who wanted to stay and do it, go online and do the fast start and print out his certificate.\

      The boys enjoyed it. It is a great on-on-line course. I commend it to you.

      Hopefully, BSA will product a DVC version of the classroom course, picking up on the same material in the fast start course.

      Corb Sarchet
      Message 48 of 48 , Apr 10 6:17 PM
        I realize that I am coming late to the conversation but there is a syllabus out there. I have it and use it every year.
        Connie