Re: [Scouter_T] Digest Number 2071

  • Anna Sturdivant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2009
      I agree this seems to be a bit confusing. As of now...

      On a council by council basis, the TDC can continue to be offered for unit
      and district trainers. If your council chooses not to use TDC for unit and
      district trainers, they should attend Trainer's EDGE. For the Pack Trainer
      knot, for instance, this would address the Training requirement to "Attend
      a trainer development conference".

      For Wood Badge and NYLT staff, however, the new Trainer's EDGE is required.

      How great would that be, for a WB participant working on their ticket to
      have already taken Trainer's EDGE and be ready to staff?!

      I served at the Trainer's EDGE conference at Philmont last week - this is
      the official word via the course developers on the intent of Trainer's
      EDGE. Your council will be determining whether or not TDC continues to be
      offered in addition to Trainer's EDGE.

      If anyone has heard contradictory information from national, please let me
      know! Thanks.

      Anna Sturdivant