Re: mandatory Trainings

  • Gayle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2009
      Excellent response!

      I find it hard to believe over and over again that parents and leaders are NOT WILLING to take the trainings offered to them and be safe.  It scares me when a parent says to me that they won't take the YPT or that the parent doesn't care if I have taken the training - but is willing to turn his or her child over to me to babysit them for a week of Day Camp.

      Leaders constantly complain that they are overwhelmed or do not understand or know what they are supposed to do- that they constantly being asked to help or volunteer- gee I'm sorry did they not realize that then they created a child that maybe they might have to spend some time with that child?

      Also,  if a person volunteers their time- I want to know that they have some sort of skill or qualification to teach my child something or interact with my child. I agree that it should be mandatory.  Any adult having contact with a child (especially mine) should have training.

      I don't think asking someone to learn how to be better is too much- if it is they are not in the program for the right reason. I applaud every leader and parent who feels the kids in the program are worth their time.

      Gayle Wolcott
      District Membership Chair

      I used to be an EAGLE.....
      C-16-06