Den Chief Training and EDGE for tenderfoot Scouts advancing to second class.

  • Corbin Sarchet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2009
      DEN CHIEF: The new on-line Den Chief training is labeled on site as den
      chief fast start (which, incidentally, if you have not checked it out, it is
      a good youth related course).

      Its content mirrors the Den Chief training course outline, except for the
      practical work.

      So, guys and gals, my question is, does the on-line replace the current
      classroom den chief training, and if so, is there an expanded classroom room
      one coming out, i.e., that also will include the new emphasis on EDGE?

      Currently, what I am doing is using the fast start on line and supplementing
      it with practical work in games, skits, ceremonies, and instructing. What
      we do, is have one of the Scouts log on under his name, project it on a
      screen, and go through it part by part with practical work stuck in after
      the relevant section.

      EDGE: Under the new requirements reportedly coming out, is the incorporation
      of EDGE by a second class to teach a tenderfoot. So---is there a training
      course coming out at troop level to be used to instruct second class Scouts
      about EDGE?

      Corb Sarchet

    • Sandra Martens
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2009
        don't know about the EDGE part, but the online den chief fast start does not replace the in person. it's just a fast start.

        Sandy OWL