Re: [Scouter_T] New Changes Boy Scout Ranks 2010

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2009
      They may be in the Centennial handbook. They were released in May at
      the Annual meeting. So they have been in development for months. Plenty
      of time to get them in the printing process.

      However, they don't go into effect until January, I assume, so its not
      really necessary.

      Jamie Niss Dunn
      Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Troop Committee, Troop 509
      Ham Lake, MN
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      Three Rivers District
    • Richard C. Pushies
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2009
        Connie wrote,"Do we know if these are reflected in the new handbooks?"

        Hi Connie,

        According to the BSA web site:

        "Rank Requirement Changes for 2010
        The centennial edition of the Boy Scout Handbook will soon be available, and with the new handbook come several rank requirement changes that will be in effect as of January 1, 2010."

        So we will know more in a few weeks when the new centennial edition is expected to arrive.

        Yours Truly in Scouting,
        Rick Pushies