Re: [Scouter_T] New Changes Boy Scout Ranks 2010

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2009
      The changes are posted on the National web site odin the Boy Scout
      section.

      Jamie Niss Dunn
      Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Troop Committee, Troop 509
      Ham Lake, MN
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      Three Rivers District
    • Rick Pushies
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2009
        Hi Jamie,

        Thank you.

        Rick

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2009
          Do we know if these are reflected in the new handbooks? Thanks Jamie.......

          connie

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2009
            They may be in the Centennial handbook. They were released in May at
            the Annual meeting. So they have been in development for months. Plenty
            of time to get them in the printing process.

            However, they don't go into effect until January, I assume, so its not
            really necessary.

            Jamie Niss Dunn
            Pack Trainer, Pack 512
            Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
            Troop Committee, Troop 509
            Ham Lake, MN
            Cub Scout Training Coordinator
            Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
            Three Rivers District
          • Richard C. Pushies
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2009
              Connie wrote,"Do we know if these are reflected in the new handbooks?"

              Hi Connie,

              According to the BSA web site:

              "Rank Requirement Changes for 2010
              The centennial edition of the Boy Scout Handbook will soon be available, and with the new handbook come several rank requirement changes that will be in effect as of January 1, 2010."

              So we will know more in a few weeks when the new centennial edition is expected to arrive.

              Yours Truly in Scouting,
              Rick Pushies