BSA Innovation Engine and Training

  • Richard C. Pushies
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2009
      Hi All Ya'll,

      While trying to find an answer to a question on what is changing in training I ran across this post on the BSA Innovation Engine web site.

      http://ideas.scouting.org/akira/dtd/5584-2119

      The Innovation Engine web site has some very interesting topics being discussed. If you have not visited the site, do so. Understand, this is a professional driven site currently. Volunteer involvement is planned down the road.

      The basic innovative idea being proposed is, "I think that when you role out a new training (i.e. the new cub scout specific training, or the new "what is scouting") you should have an online tutorial that will brief trainers as to the updates and changes."

      It is unclear this idea will come about or when. However, it is an interesting idea. What say you?

      Maybe we, ok you, could make a video as individual members of the training community then post the video on You Tube for other trainers to use as a reference. We are talking about doing videos of presentations in the NYLT course so youth staff can have a good model for each key presentation. Troop Guides will be the first focus.

      Yours Truly in Scouting,
      Rick