Re: MyScouting and Scouting Community update

  • John Coble
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2009
      I have been following this tread for a few days and have been testing my access to MyScouting. I use Firefox 3.0.10, Win XP Pro w/SP3. Here is what I have found:

      1. I had to change my saved bookmark. I too got the little box for signing-in but when I click on the MyScouting button on the top menu, I received a full screen log-in. I also was able to log-in using the little log-in button at the very top right of the scouting.org homepage.

      2. After successfully logging-in, I tried every item on the MyScouting menu. I was able to check my submitted tour permit, see my completed training in the e-training section and enter the community area.

      3. I entered the Internet Advancement and received the warning about IE5.5 or better must be used. I clicked the OK button and was still able to log-in to the advancement area using Firefox. Now I am able to so so without using the "Open Link in IE Tab" add-on for Firefox.

      4. I then tried Internet Recharter and again received the IE5.5 or greater warning. I clicked ok and then clicked on both choices. I was able to access the next screen, but could not get any further due to not being in the recharter time frame.

      I don't know if all the calls to National have fixed many of the issues that everyone has been having, but I now have full access to everything on the website. Like all other revamped websites, I just have to relearn where everything is.

      I hope this has helped some of you.

      Yours in Scouting,
      John Coble
      SM, Troop 370