RE: [Scouter_T] New Adult Youth Protection Guidelines Training Video

  • Jim von Schmacht
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
      I would say no. There was no direct test for the old one and the online
      one has one, so...since the offline is supposed to be the same as the
      online the test would be required. Different standards.

      Jim

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
        Let see what I have so far
        BSA Backround Check
        BSA Youth Protection Training
        Virtus Illinois CANTS background check
        Virtus Training
        a 2nd Illinois CANTS check required by the state of Michigan for Summer camp

        I know its only a question of time before we are finger printed since some states are already doing that with youth volunteers.

        Am I naive in thinking 2 deep leadership pretty much eliminated many issues we had in the past and that our function is to be observing a make sure the scout isn't being abused by someone else? Also am I naive in thinking a sex offender would never submit to a background check anyway and the 2 deep leadership forces him or her to organizations that don't require 2 deep leadership.

        just rambling
        Herb Dulzo