RE: [Scouter_T] New Adult Youth Protection Guidelines Training Video

  • Jim von Schmacht
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
      I hear ya! Thanks for "sharing" too! Now if we could just clone the
      good trainers out there... :-)

      Jim

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
        I would say no. There was no direct test for the old one and the online
        one has one, so...since the offline is supposed to be the same as the
        online the test would be required. Different standards.

        Jim

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
          Let see what I have so far
          BSA Backround Check
          BSA Youth Protection Training
          Virtus Illinois CANTS background check
          Virtus Training
          a 2nd Illinois CANTS check required by the state of Michigan for Summer camp

          I know its only a question of time before we are finger printed since some states are already doing that with youth volunteers.

          Am I naive in thinking 2 deep leadership pretty much eliminated many issues we had in the past and that our function is to be observing a make sure the scout isn't being abused by someone else? Also am I naive in thinking a sex offender would never submit to a background check anyway and the 2 deep leadership forces him or her to organizations that don't require 2 deep leadership.

          just rambling
          Herb Dulzo