RE: [Scouter_T] New Adult Youth Protection Guidelines Training Video

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 3, 2009
      I know it is the same with any training.........just think it is a shame something that is supposed to be so important, is taken so lightly......thanks for "listening"   ;)

      connie

      --- On Wed, 6/3/09, Jim von Schmacht <jvonschmacht@...> wrote:

      It was WILDLY variable.  It was offered at summer camps in the exact
      scenario I mentioned (worst case) with NO discussion. It has also been
      delivered with a knowledgeable trainer and sometimes the SE to answer
      reporting questions (best case).  There was no test offered - here's
      your card and thank you for getting trained.

    • Jim von Schmacht
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
        I hear ya! Thanks for "sharing" too! Now if we could just clone the
        good trainers out there... :-)

        Jim

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
          I would say no. There was no direct test for the old one and the online
          one has one, so...since the offline is supposed to be the same as the
          online the test would be required. Different standards.

          Jim

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 4, 2009
            Let see what I have so far
            BSA Backround Check
            BSA Youth Protection Training
            Virtus Illinois CANTS background check
            Virtus Training
            a 2nd Illinois CANTS check required by the state of Michigan for Summer camp

            I know its only a question of time before we are finger printed since some states are already doing that with youth volunteers.

            Am I naive in thinking 2 deep leadership pretty much eliminated many issues we had in the past and that our function is to be observing a make sure the scout isn't being abused by someone else? Also am I naive in thinking a sex offender would never submit to a background check anyway and the 2 deep leadership forces him or her to organizations that don't require 2 deep leadership.

            just rambling
            Herb Dulzo