Explorer Leader Training

  • apatschin75
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
      I am looking for slides/syllabus for training explorer leaders.They have been attending Venturing Leader training, and I feel sure that there is something out there that is more specific.

      Thanks

      Tom Travis
      OHC Training Chair
      SE-62 Trail Quail
    • Jamie Dunn
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "apatschin75" <tttrack@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for slides/syllabus for training explorer leaders.They have been attending Venturing Leader training, and I feel sure that there is something out there that is more specific.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Tom Travis
        > OHC Training Chair
        > SE-62 Trail Quail

        These items are listed on the Learning for life site:

        Post Advisors Fast Start DVD
        Training video designed to help new post Advisors understand the dimensions and dynamics of their role in Exploring. Video is designed to cover three sections: understanding your role as an Advisor; developing a community of youth leaders; and getting your post up and running. Closed captioned. Same DVD contains Post Officers' Fast Start

        Item No. AV-09DVD23

        Becoming a Leader--Post Officers
        Introduction for youth on the responsibilities of a post officer. Part of "Resources for Exploring Leaders". To go to that link click here
        http://www.learning-for-life.org/exploring/resources/99-720/y01.pdf

        These - and many other resources - are listed in the Learning for Life resource catalog:

        http://www.learningforlife.org/cgi/catalog/catalog.cgi?c=0

        This docment -"Program Support for Explorer Posts" http://www.learningforlife.org/exploring/resources/99-720/a04.pdf
        may help, too. It lists an Explorer basic training course, but says to see your local office.

        I would check with your Learning for Life/Exploring executive at your council office for more materials.

        Jamie Niss Dunn
      • tttrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
          Thanks a bunch. Exploring has not been very active since Venturing
          started, and is is now experiencing a resurgence.

          In a message dated 6/1/2009 2:21:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          JNDunnMN@... writes:

          --- In _scouter_t@yahoogrouscoute_ (mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com) ,

          _http://www.learninghttp://wwwhttp://www.leahttp://wwwhttp://www.htt_

          _http://www.learninghttp://www.lhttp://www.lhttp://www.lhtt_

          _http://www.learninghttp://www.lhttp://wwwhttp://wwwhttp://www.htt_
          (http://www.learningforlife.org/exploring/resources/99-720/a04.pdf)
          may help, too. It lists an Explorer basic training course, but says to see
          your local office.

          I would check with your Learning for Life/Exploring executive at your
          council office for more materials.

          cntnew00000007)

        • tttrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
            Does anyone have a pdf of the basic training? My guys cannot find one.