Trainer Code of Conduct

  • Richard C. Pushies
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2009
      Hello Scouters_T Members,

      Recently I posted information, in a thread focused on Cub Scout Training slides, about the BSA's Trainer's Philosophy. This came from the new Trainer's EDGE syllabus and I thought it was new as it was new to me.

      This morning I found in the 'Files' portion of this group a document titled "Trainer Code of Conduct" posted by tinman507 in March of 2005. It appears this document was compiled by Chris Finnegan based on input provided by following Yahoo scouter_t group members:

      Michael Kazarinoff
      Charlie Love
      Linda Goff
      Ken Walker
      Neil Lupton
      Jim Ball
      Teresa Hall
      Jill Tanney

      To all the group members who were involved in creating the Trainer Code of Conduct in 2005, I say congratulation! Your good work has now been published (minus a few points of the Trainer Law!) in an official BSA training syllabus. Your work is very good and speaks to the fundamental values of Scouting we all hold dear!

      In the Trainer's EDGE syllabus the Scout (Trainer) Law is missing the points Brave, Clean and Reverent. All twelve points are in the "Trainer Code of Conduct" posted in the files section. Is a trainer also Hungry? (A reference to the unwritten thirteenth point of the Scout Law - A Scout is Hungry!)

      Three cheers for the scouter_t authors of the new BSA Trainer Code of Conduct! Hip, Hip, Hurray! Hip, Hip, Hurray! Hip, Hip, Hurray!

      Yours Truly in Scouting,
      Rick Pushies