Re: [Scouter_T] New Materials on all Programs BLT

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15 6:06 PM
      You already know how long the BALOO, Committee Member Orientation, and
      Outdoor Leader Skills course require as their syllabii are on the
      counters. The BSA Trainer 500 course looks to be about a day, the same
      as TTT. The rest should be about the same abeit broken up into separate
      modules, Fast Start, the common module - 90 minutes, the program
      specific module, and any other anxillary training. Thus Boy Scout
      Leaders would do Fast Start, Common Module, Boy Scout Specific/Troop
      Committee Training (3 hours), and Outdoor Leader Skills (two full
      days/Fri nite - Sun noon). Thus Committee Critters could complete in
      about 2 evenings, while Leaders will still require 2 evenings and a
      weekend.

      If you plan for the normal scout leader training, and add break-out
      sessions for the committee folk, you would have a workable calendar.

      Dave

      Wendell Brown wrote:

      > On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:14:36 -0800, Tom Bingaman wrote:
      >
      > >The new materials on all Programs BLT will be out from National
      > >to the Councils NLT 1 May of this year. That is committed to by
      > >all of the National Training Professionals (Cub, Scout, Varsity and
      > >Venturing) as of two weeks ago.
      >
      > This is really bad timing for my council. Our District Training Chair
      > has said that if we don't have at least the course lengths, required
      > resources and an overview of how each of the courses tie together
      > before we start calendar planning (either March or April) she is going
      > to recommend that we do the planning based on the OLD courses. I hate
      > the idea of blowing off the new courses for a whole year but our
      > district "policy" is that the calendar is engraved in stone - so it's
      > either in there or we don't do it.
      >
      > Wendell Brown

      To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click
      on the mailto: address below

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      164 Tuttle Lane (603) 431 5342
      Greenland, NH 03840
      Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
      possit materiari?