Great Council training web sites

  • smithds913
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2009
      Looking for an example or examples of a great council training website(s). Looking to revamp our council's. Pertinent content and easy-to-navigate is important. Also, don't want anything that takes a dedicated web designer full-time to maintain. Thanks in advance.

      Scott Smith
      Catalina Council training chair
    • Rick Pushies
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2009
        Hi Scott,

        Is this just a revamp of the training portion of you council web site? Or,
        is the whole council web site being revamped?

        Be aware, the BSA is preparing to release a new content management system
        for local council web sites and they will have a mechanism to also host the
        local council web sites. There has been no mention of what this new system
        will cost. This new web hosting program will be discussed at the National
        meeting in Orlando, FL later this month. The word is they plan on releasing
        this new program later in the year. The year was not specifically stated,
        but it can be expected they meant this year.

        Here are some commercial options if they interest your council.

        http://www.scouttools.com/

        Scout Tools

        http://www.waittinteractive.com/default.aspx

        Wait Interactive

        http://www.invotechcorp.com/companyinfo/whatwevedone.asp

        Invotech

        http://www.sandormax.com/

        SandorMax

        http://www.doubleknot.com/

        Doubleknot

        http://www.joomlashack.com/

        Joomla

        I like the way Scout Tools sites look. Although I have not worked directly
        with their product, a friend who has used their system assures me their
        product is easy to use. Easy is very good!

        If you have more specific questions about web site design and usage you can
        always contact me off the group at rick@... or 805-925-9144.

        Yours Truly in Scouting,

        Rick Pushies